This interim report describes all activities funded by the CDF during the period April to September 2011. The Fund is treated as a single entity supported by the four contributing donor organizations, so the work described is the composite output from all four funding sources. CDF initiatives in 2011 include:
- Supporting farmers through CABI’s flagship plant health initiative Plantwise
- Improving food security through a range of projects
- Protecting biodiversity through work on the prevention, control and management of biological invasions
- Sharing knowledge - using information communication technologies (ICTs) to make agricultural and environmental information available to farmers and extension providers as well as government policy makers and the wider development community
- Evaluating impact - to demonstrate how investment in CABI activities is contributing to the realization of development goals
- Communication and partnerships - CABI has worked in partnership with the Chinese Government through the Joint Laboratory for Biosafety in Beijing, and has engaged with a wide range of development partners in new initiatives. CABI disseminate the results of its work through peer-reviewed journals and at major international conferences
CABI. The CABI Development Fund (CDF) Mid-term report to DFID 2011-12. CABI, Wallingford, UK (2011) 32 pp.