Teachers Handbook on Environmental Education.
This document is the handbook (in Portugese) on environmental education, with preceding explanatory text in English. The teachers' material consists of a document of 82 pages with all of the content dealt with during training sessions which were project activities, and a list of references and sites to be consulted. The table of contents is:-
- The Conceptual Basis for Environmental Education
- The Environmental Education Programme and the Sustainable Use of Groundwater in the Context of the KaR Project
- Water in the World
- Water in Brazil
- The Brazilian Semi-Arid Region and the Problem of Water Scarcity
- Water Resources and the Environment
- The Hydrographic Basin
- The Management and Conservation of the Soil
- Monitoring Activities
- The Importance of Participation to the Organisational and Institutional Management of Water
- References and Suggested Bibliography
da Paz Silva de Macedo, M. Teachers Handbook on Environmental Education. (2005) 84 pp.