These symposium proceedings contain presentations on farming medicinal plants in Afghanistan and their roles as alternatives to opium poppies. The main topics are:
- Review of medicinal flora of Afghanistan.
- Role of medicinal plants in Afghanistan's trade.
- Medicinal and Aramatic Plants of Iran.
- Production Technology of Saffron in Iran.
- Herbal Medicine and Related Industries in Iran.
- Developing Afghan saffron.
- Social Dimensions of saffron.
- Natural Active Ingredients as Food, Pharmaceuticals & Cosmetics.
- Role of the Faculty of Pharmacy in the Project.
- Cultivation of Mint.
RALF, ICARDA, Aleppo, Syria, 11 documents.