Supporting Women's ICT-Based Enterprises. A Handbook for Agencies in Development.
The Handbook is designed to be useful to two groups of people. First, it aims to help government and NGO officials to plan, initiate, evaluate and improve ICT-based enterprise projects for women. Second, it is intended for facilitated use by groups of women themselves who want to start up, manage and improve ICT-based enterprises.
The Handbook contents are as follows:
- Introduction Audience, Purpose, Content
- What are women's ICT-based enterprises? Overview, Case sketches, Individual women's stories
- Why support women's ICT-based enterprises? Benefits to women, Agency benefits, Risks
- Planning and managing ICT-based enterprises for women: the enterprise perspective - How to analyse, What to analyse, Business good practice advice sheets, Gender good practice advice sheets
- Supporting and evaluating ICT-based enterprises for women: the agency perspective - Why? Whom? What? How? How well? Agency good practice advice sheets
- Sources of further information
A universal English-language version is attached. A number of other versions of the Handbook, including versions in Tamil, Hindi, Bengali and Kannada and with amendments to include local information, are available at http://www.womenictenterprise.org/handbook.htm.
Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM), Manchester, UK. 82 pp.