The Handbook is designed to be useful to two groups of people. First, it aims to help government and NGO officials to plan, initiate, evaluate and improve ICT-based enterprise projects for women. Second, it is intended for facilitated use by groups of women themselves who want to start up, manage and improve ICT-based enterprises.
The Handbook contents are as follows:
- Introduction Audience, Purpose, Content
- What are women's ICT-based enterprises? Overview, Case sketches, Individual women's stories
- Why support women's ICT-based enterprises? Benefits to women, Agency benefits, Risks
- Planning and managing ICT-based enterprises for women: the enterprise perspective - How to analyse, What to analyse, Business good practice advice sheets, Gender good practice advice sheets
- Supporting and evaluating ICT-based enterprises for women: the agency perspective - Why? Whom? What? How? How well? Agency good practice advice sheets
- Sources of further information
A universal English-language version is attached. A number of other versions of the Handbook, including versions in Tamil, Hindi, Bengali and Kannada and with amendments to include local information, are available at http://www.womenictenterprise.org/handbook.htm.
Institute for Development Policy and Management (IDPM), Manchester, UK. 82 pp.
Supporting Women’s ICT-Based Enterprises. A Handbook for Agencies in Development.