Summary of the first ten CCAA projects.
Summaries of the first ten projects supported by the Climate Change Adaptation in Africa (CCAA) research and capacity development program are provided. The project titles are:-
- Lack of resilience in African smallholder farming: Enhancing adaptive capacity of local communities to pressures of climate change
- Strengthening the capacity of farmers to reduce the impact of climate change on agricultural productivity to ensure food security and reduce poverty in Benin
- Vulnerability and Adaptation of or agricultural systems in Madagascar
- Managing risk, reducing vulnerability and enhancing productivity under a changing climate
- Strengthening local agricultural innovation systems in less favoured and high potential areas of Tanzania and Malawi
- Evaluating the efficacy of Radio Drama as a means to strengthen the capacity of smallholder farmers to adapt to climate change
- Building adaptive capacity to cope with increasing vulnerability due to climatic change
- Managing climate risks for agriculture and water resources development in South Africa
- Climate change adaptation mechanisms for rural communities in two contrasting ecosystems of Morocco -plains and mountains
- Enabling stakeholders in Moroccan coastal management to develop sustainable climate change adaptation policies and plans.
Canada, IDRC, 6 pp.