Summaries of the first ten projects supported by the Climate Change Adaptation in Africa (CCAA) research and capacity development program are provided. The project titles are:-
- Lack of resilience in African smallholder farming: Enhancing adaptive capacity of local communities to pressures of climate change
- Strengthening the capacity of farmers to reduce the impact of climate change on agricultural productivity to ensure food security and reduce poverty in Benin
- Vulnerability and Adaptation of or agricultural systems in Madagascar
- Managing risk, reducing vulnerability and enhancing productivity under a changing climate
- Strengthening local agricultural innovation systems in less favoured and high potential areas of Tanzania and Malawi
- Evaluating the efficacy of Radio Drama as a means to strengthen the capacity of smallholder farmers to adapt to climate change
- Building adaptive capacity to cope with increasing vulnerability due to climatic change
- Managing climate risks for agriculture and water resources development in South Africa
- Climate change adaptation mechanisms for rural communities in two contrasting ecosystems of Morocco -plains and mountains
- Enabling stakeholders in Moroccan coastal management to develop sustainable climate change adaptation policies and plans.
Canada, IDRC, 6 pp.
Summary of the first ten CCAA projects.