Social Science Research in India: A Mapping Report.
This report presents the results of the mapping of social science research in India with a special focus on the following areas:
- The institutional landscape including key institutions or groups undertaking research in the social sciences in India
- The current research agendas of these research groups or institutions
- The main sources and distribution of funds for research focussed in the social sciences
- Challenges of social science research in India and specific areas in which there might be particular strengths
The report is based on different forms of evidence. These include:
- a desk review of existing reports and commentaries on social science research in India
- review of publication records and websites of key organizations engaged in social science research
- key informant interviews conducted by the SARH with select social science researchers and government officials to gather information on research resources and funding
Anon. Social Science Research in India: A Mapping Report. DFID, South Asia Research Hub, New Delhi, India (2011) 21 pp.