Session 7: Lessons learned from scaling cookstove interventions
Presentation by Monika Rammelt of the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. Five lessons were discussed:
- People select cooking energy on demand – fuel and stove stacking instead of gradually climbing up the energy ladder
- Sustainable introduction of cookstoves is only possible through the creation of a dynamic market
- Monitoring, quality control and after-sales support are crucial for ensuring sustainability
- Changing cooking patterns requires more than marketing the new stove
- A global programme permits efficient up-scaling.
Rammelt, M. Session 7: Lessons learned from scaling cookstove interventions. Presented at the DFID/Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves/WHO Clean Cooking Conference, London, UK, 1 May 2014. (2014) 8 pp.