Session 1.2: Health and Solid Fuel Use: Five New Paradigms
Presentation by Kirk R. Smith, University of California, Berkeley, focusing on India. The 5 paradigm shifts are:
- Make the clean available, as well as make the available clean
- Embrace/enhance transformational leap-frog technologies
- Look for community solutions
- Enhance displacement of clean fuels from richer to poorer households
- Act recognizing that it is primarily a health issue
Smith, K.R. Session 1.2: Health and Solid Fuel Use: Five New Paradigms. Presented at the DFID/Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves/WHO Clean Cooking Conference, London, UK, 1 May 2014, and SE4All and UNIDO, Vienna, Austria, 7 May 2014. (2014) 50 pp.