- Department for International Development
- India, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Ghana, Fiji Ethiopia, Chile, Australia, United Kingdom, and New Zealand
- Document Type:
- Technical Report
- Aeron-Thomas, A., Downing, A.J., Jacobs, G.D., Fletcher, J.P., Selby, T., and Silcock, D.T.
This is the final report of a study intended to investigate the current road safety situation in a sample of low income countries and high income countries, and to identify good practice in the following four areas:
· Organization of road safety
· Road safety plans
· Funding of road safety
· Private sector participation
After an introductory chapter, the methodology and case study selection are explained in Chapter 2. The key areas of the review: coordination, action plan, funding and business sector participation are discussed separately in Chapters 4-7. A summary table is included in each of these chapters with the key features of the case studies highlighted. These chapters also include examples of good practice and a review of the lessons learned while the recommendations are presented separately in Chapter 8.
The appendices are available separately. See :Road safety management review: Appendices.
Aeron-Thomas, A.; Downing, A.J.; Jacobs, G.D.; Fletcher, J.P.; Selby, T.; Silcock, D.T. Review of road safety management practice: final report. (2002)