This is the protocol for a systematic review of the empirical research
on the impacts on infrastructure outputs such as quality, costs, and
access arising from changes in transparency in infrastructure
procurement and delivery. The aim will be to answer the following
- How have changes in transparency in the overall economy influenced
sector and project level interventions in infrastructure procurement
- How have changes in transparency in infrastructure projects been
studied and how have their impacts been analyzed on cost, quality, and
access to infrastructure services?
- What has been the impact on changes in transparency on infrastructure
- In particular, have the studies identified mechanisms underlying the
relationship between changes in transparency and infrastructure
procurement and delivery?
- What are the scope conditions on these findings?
- What do the findings suggest about mediating effects?
The findings of this review will help in understanding the best frameworks to secure transparency in infrastructure. This protocol provides background information and details of the methods
to be used.
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, 32 pp.