Protocol for a systematic review
This is the protocol for a systematic review of the empirical research on the impacts on infrastructure outputs such as quality, costs, and access arising from changes in transparency in infrastructure procurement and delivery. The aim will be to answer the following questions:
- How have changes in transparency in the overall economy influenced sector and project level interventions in infrastructure procurement and delivery?
- How have changes in transparency in infrastructure projects been studied and how have their impacts been analyzed on cost, quality, and access to infrastructure services?
- What has been the impact on changes in transparency on infrastructure outputs?
- In particular, have the studies identified mechanisms underlying the relationship between changes in transparency and infrastructure procurement and delivery?
- What are the scope conditions on these findings?
- What do the findings suggest about mediating effects?
The findings of this review will help in understanding the best frameworks to secure transparency in infrastructure. This protocol provides background information and details of the methods to be used.
Indian Institute of Technology, Madras, India, 32 pp.