The objectives of the review are as follows:
1. to understand impacts of interventions to strengthen land property rights on agricultural and livelihood outcomes in rural areas of low and middle income countries;
2. to assess whether these effects are different for men and women, and under what circumstances;
3. to assess specific mechanisms that enable or limit productivity improvement (barriers and facilitators).
The review will examine the impact of two types of land rights
1. Conversion of communal or non-demarcated land to free-hold and titling of such land.
2. Statutory recognition and codification of customary or communal land rights, and certification of these rights.
Hall, R.; Hornby, D.; Lawry, S.; Leopold, A.; Mtero, F.; Samii, C. Protocol - The impact of land property rights interventions on agricultural productivity in developing countries: a systematic review. Campbell Collaboration, Oslo, Norway (2012) 48 pp.