This paper reports the findings of project RALF01-09 on 'Marketing of
Livestock and Livestock products: Market demand, potential returns to
producers and constraints to market access'. The subjects discussed in
the report include:
- A short retrospective of the livestock sector in afghanistan.
- Livestock production and marketing from the farmers' perspective
- Livestock marketing from the traders' perspective
- Marketing of non-edible livestock products
- The future demand for red meat
- Increasing returns to livestock owners
RALF, ICARDA, Aleppo, Syria, 66 pp.
Production and Marketing of Red Meat, Wool, Skins and Hides in Afghanistan: A Case Study from Kabul, Kandahar and Kunduz Provinces