This paper reports the findings of project RALF01-09 on 'Marketing of Livestock and Livestock products: Market demand, potential returns to producers and constraints to market access'. The subjects discussed in the report include:
- A short retrospective of the livestock sector in afghanistan.
- Livestock production and marketing from the farmers' perspective
- Livestock marketing from the traders' perspective
- Marketing of non-edible livestock products
- The future demand for red meat
- Increasing returns to livestock owners
RALF, ICARDA, Aleppo, Syria, 66 pp.