Proceedings of the National Saffron Workshop, 14-16 November, 2006, Herat, Afghanistan
The intention of this workshop was to provide national forum on sharing lessons learned on saffron in Afghanistan. The objectives of the conference were:
- To assess the potential of saffron as a viable alternative livelihood for rural communities in Afghanistan
- To share lessons learned on production, processing, quality control and marketing of saffron
- To disseminate research results obtained to-date, to all stakeholders
- To enable the farmers/saffron growers associations to develop linkages with various stakeholders in Afghanistan and abroad
- To explore international market opportunities
- To enhance capacity building of Afghan institutions (MAI, Afghan universities), NGO partners and farmers associations
- To analyze potential impact of saffron production on rural livelihoods (including gender analysis)
- To determine how future research and development activities on saffron could be coordinated
The proceedings comprise and agenda, overview, final summary and press releases in addition ten presentations on saffron production and economics.
RALF, ICARDA, Aleppo, Syria, 16 Documents, English and Farsi.