This booklet contains 280 summaries describing key outputs from the projects run by DFID's 10-year Renewable Natural Resources Research Strategy programmes. More detailed information on each summary can be accessed through a database on an accompanying CD. The 10 RNRRS programmes investigated fall into five strategic areas: crops, livestock, forestry, fisheries and natural resources management. The 280 summaries are clustered into seven groupings, and the attached PDF files are for each of these seven sections, in French and English:
- Section 1: Improving farmers' livelihoods: better crops, systems and pest management.
- Section 2: Better lives for livestock keepers: improved livestock and fodder.
- Section 3: Improving fishers' livelihoods: better fisheries management and aquaculture.
- Section 4: Better water harvesting, catchment management and environments.
- Section 5: Rural development boosters: improved marketing, processing and storage.
- Section 6: Promoting success: partnerships, policy and empowerment.
- Section 7: Spreading the word: knowledge management and dissemination.
Anon. New technologies, new processes, new policies: tried-and-tested and ready-to-use results from DFID-funded research. Natural Resources International Ltd., Aylesford, Kent, UK (2007) 146 pp. [Available in English and French.]