This publication summarises the findings and broader 'lessons learned' from the second phase of the Disability KaR Programme (2003-2005). The main sections are as follows:
- Overview of the Programme
- What is disability
- Disability and poverty
- Disability and the Millennium Development Goals
- Mainstreaming disability in development
- Disability and the new aid instruments
- Disability, education and development
- Disability research: breaking the mould
- Engaging with disabled people's organisations in development cooperation
- DFID and disability .
Albert, B. Lessons from the Disability Knowledge and Research Programme. University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK (2005) 42 pp.
Lessons from the Disability Knowledge and Research Programme