This paper shares the experiences of the Impact and Learning Team in
juggling the pursuit of an action research agenda alongside its
practitioner role. The team formulated a self-facilitated group learning
format, calling this a Learning Lab, to ensure reflective practice
remained embedded in its day-to-day activities.
The paper outlines the Learning Lab process, including:
- What is a Learning Lab and how does it work?
- Five stages of the Learning Lab
- Sharing and generating knowledge
- Informing practice and building relationships
- Multiple uses for the Learning Lab approach
Beynon, P.; Fisher, C. Learning about Reflecting on Knowledge: An Approach for Embedding Reflective Practice in an Action Research Team. IDS Practice Paper in Brief 9. Institute of Development Studies, Brighton, UK (2013) 10 pp.