Since the late 1990s, security sector reform (SSR) has emerged as a principal activity for promoting peace and stability. This governance issue of insights looks at the approaches to and outcomes of SSR in different regions.
The titles of the articles are
- Understanding international influences on security reform in Africa
- Making progress in Francophone Africa
- Mixed outcomes in southern Africa
- SSR is central to political reform in Arab countries
- Partial reforms and new challenges in Latin America
- Agenda reforms needed in South Asia
- Democratisation and reform in South-East Asia
insights 79, IDS, University of Sussex, Brighton, UK, 8 pp.