The Primary Sources of lessons in this document are the 8 projects within DFID's Rural Livelihoods Programme (RLP). The evidences for these lessons mainly come from evaluations of the projects carried out by the Rural Livelihoods Evaluation Partnership (RLEP).
This paper focuses on the Human Resource Management and Development theme. The lessons in this document are grouped under the following key issues:
- Policy and Strategy
- Systemic Barriers to the Development of HRM/D
- Training Management
- Human Resource Development (HRD) and Training
- Establishment of Specialised Training or HRD 'Wings'
- Resource Supply in HRD and Training
- Management of Training Information Systems
Brooks, A.; Abdus Salam. Human Resource Management and Development. Thematic Lessons Paper Series-4. Master Document. Rural Livelihoods Evaluation Partnership (RLEP), Dhaka, Bangladesh (2005) 12 pp.