Produce a report focused on attracting and retaining teachers.
This helpdesk report is on the topic of “attracting and retaining
teachers” and aims to address what works to attract competent people
into the teaching profession and how to retain teachers and ensure that
they attend school regularly and teach effectively. The report is
structured into sections covering the issues of teacher recruitment,
retention, attendance and effectiveness. These include:
- Overview papers
- Recruitment: What works to attract competent people into the teaching
- Retention: What works to retain teachers?
- Teacher attendance: What works to ensure teachers attend school
- Teacher effectiveness: What works to ensure teachers teach
- Teacher recruitment, retention and effectiveness in fragile and
Featherstone, I.; Foster, G. Helpdesk Report: Attracting and Retaining Teachers. (2013) 30 pp.