Identifies challenges and opportunities for the education of refugees and internally displaced people
This guide provides an overview of the main issues on education for refugees and internally displaced people (IDPs), as well as sources for further information and reading.
- section 1 provides a brief introduction to the guide
- section 2 gives a global overview of forced displacement and education
- section 3 maps the state of research, policy, and practice in refugee education
- section 4 maps the state of research, policy, and practice in IDP education
- section 5 seeks to identify and explore best practice, and existing and potential future opportunities and innovations, in the field of education and forced displacement
Bengtsson, S.; Naylor, R. HEART Topic Guide: Education for refugees and IDPs in low-and middle-income countries: identifying challenges and opportunities. Health and Education Advice and Resource Team (HEART), Oxford, UK (2016) 80p