This study aims to identify evidence on livelihoods options that can be meaningfully used in the South Sudan context to build resilience to shocks and increase food security. It will be used to inform phase 2 of the Building Resilience through Asset Creation and Enhancement (BRACE) programme.
The study focuses on 5 key questions:
- What does resilience look like in the South Sudan context?
- Which shocks can we build resilience to in a meaningful way?
- What is the evidence that compares food for assets to cash for assets when building
- How can public works build resilience?
- Why are some other approaches not suitable for South Sudan?
Samson, M.; Demilew, A. Rapid desk based study: evidence and examples to build resilient livelihoods in the South Sudan context. Evidence on Demand, UK (2015) i, 15 p
Rapid desk based study: evidence and examples to build resilient livelihoods in the South Sudan context