Evaluation of INASP Programme for the Enhancement of Research Information Phase II PERii 2008-12 Final Report. October 2012
The evaluation aimed to identify successes and challenges to date in PERii and to understand how they can inform the next phase
PERii is the second five-year phase of INASP's Programme for the Enhancement of Research Information and works with partners to support global research communication. The evaluation aimed to identify successes and challenges to date in PERii and try to understand how they can inform the next phase of PERI. It focused on four key evaluation dimensions:
- Results – is the programme achieving its intended results?
- Effectiveness – is the programme reaching the target stakeholders in appropriate and the most effective ways; are programme outcomes and relevant mechanisms sustainable?
- Relevance – is the programme meeting current and future priority needs?
- Efficiency – are programme results being achieved through optimum use of resources?
It also considered key principles and approaches prioritised by INASP namely: innovation and learning, networking, advocacy, equity, and training and capacity development. The evaluation concluded that PERii has achieved change and established a strong foundation at country and international levels to take this further as part of a more linked-up approach to build research communication at country and international level. It identified a set of recommendations, which aim to support the development of the future programme drawing on the experience and evidence from PERii.
The report also has the following annexes:
- Evaluation framework
- Evaluation tools
- List of documents consulted
- Evaluation interviewees and participants
- Perii logframe
- Evaluation country visit schedules (Bangladesh, Uganda, Nepal and Kenya).
- Examples of higher education associations and networks
- PERii evaluation Terms of Reference
Harle, T.; Gould, C.; Harle, J.; Nelson, K. Evaluation of INASP Programme for the Enhancement of Research Information Phase II PERii 2008-12 Final Report. October 2012. ITAD, Hove, UK (2012) 48 pp. + 12 annexes