This report brings together the findings and conclusions of a study on
Impact Evaluation (IE) commissioned by DFID. It comprises an executive
summary and 7 chapters:
- Introducing the study
- Defining impact evaluation
- Choosing designs and methods
- Evaluation questions and evaluation designs
- Programme attributes and designs
- Quality assurance
- Conclusions and next steps
Each of the main chapters has a main message box at the beginning that highlights the key points in that chapter. The final chapter draws together 10 study conclusions and briefly outlines some proposed follow ups to the study.
Stern, E.; Stame, N.; Mayne, J.; Forss, K.; Davies, R.; Befani, B. DFID Working Paper 38. Broadening the range of designs and methods for impact evaluations. DFID, London, UK (2012) vi + 91 + 24 pp.