AfCAP is supporting a project pertaining to the Design, Construction Supervision and Baseline Monitoring of Trial Sections on Low Volume Roads in Zambia. The main purpose of the project is to:
- carry out the pavement design of the trial sections based on the DCP‐DN method
- construct the trial sections to a sealed standard using an appropriate seal type
- establish a programme of long‐term pavement performance monitoring
- collect and analyse baseline data
- ultimately, provide inputs for the development of a new pavement design manual for low volume roads in Zambia
The project is being carried out in three phases over a 24‐month period. This Final Inception Report marks the culmination of the preparatory stage of Phase 1 of the project. The Work Programme has been revised following agreements reached at the Stakeholder Workshop as well as confirmation received from the RDA on the status of the contractor procurement process and the likely date for the start of construction of the trial section(s).
This project is funded by DFID under the Applied Research on Rural Roads and Transport Services through Community Access Programmes in Africa and Asia (AFCAP2 and AsCAP)
Pinard, M.; Rattray, S.; Paige-Green, P.; Hongve, J.(2017). Design, Construction, Supervision and Baseline Monitoring of Trial Sections on Low Volume Roads in Zambia - Inception Report. London: ReCAP for DFID.