This tool, which was adapted from existing tools used by CARE and Oxfam, was used in the Climate Asia research project to understand how people feel the impact of changes in climate.
- What is a community assessment?
- What is the aim of these community assessments?
- Where will these assessments take place?
- What does a community assessment involve?
- How do I capture the information from the community assessment?
- Is there anything else I have to ask the community?
2. Guide to semi-structured discussion with the stakeholders
- Part 1: Rural direct observation sheet [separate urban observation sheet available]
- Part 2. Transect walk (with observation sheet)
- Part 3. Community discussion
- Part 4: Additional modules
- Part 5: Case study/testimony
BBC Media Action. Climate Asia Methodology Series. Community assessment guide with rural observation sheet. BBC Media Action, London, UK (2013) 59 pp.