This manual uses the Climate Smart Disaster Risk Management (CSDRM)
approach to support disaster risk practitioners to integrate their work
with development goals, specifically to:
- connect with colleagues in development and climate change adaptation
by creating a shared ‘language’ of resilience
- assess existing (or develop new) organisations, policies or programmes
and build partner networks to fill capacity gaps
- learn lessons and understand what ‘climate smart’ looks like in
different contexts (such as conflict affected areas)
- use climate smart indicators and follow integration pathways that
deepen existing ways of working
- empower affected communities to learn and reflect by including them in
discussions about their concerns, vulnerabilities and risks
Harris, K.; Seballos, F.; Silva Villanueva, P.; Curmi, P. Changing climate, changing disasters: Pathways to integration. Institute of Development Studies, Brighton, UK (2012) 73 pp.
Changing climate, changing disasters: Pathways to integration.