The purpose of this report is to contribute to a synthesis of CPWF activities and achievements through the end of 2005, with an emphasis on the 33 first-call competititve grant project. The document is organised by Theme. The Thematic sections begin with a review of the importance and significance of the Theme being discussed, and then discuss research areas, questions and projects within each Theme. Themes are:-
- Theme 1: Crop-Water Productivity Improvement
- Theme 2: Water and People in Catchments
- Theme 3: Aquatic Ecosystems and Fisheries
- Theme 4: Integrated Basin Water Management Systems
- Theme 5: Global & National Food and Water Systems
The Synthesis finishes with a discussion of the coherence of basin-level project portfolios, capacity building and principal CPWF achievements and challenges at the end of 2005.
CGIAR Challenge Program on Water and Food. Synthesis 2005.