The goal (impact) of the INSTEP was to contribute to keeping Kenya on track to meet MDGs 2 and 3, as indicated by progress in the primary school net enrolment rate (PNER) and the primary school completion rate (PCR). The following purpose (outcome) is reported on: improved access, quality
and accountability in both state and low-cost private education systems
in Kenya, as measured by three indicators:
- the primary gross enrolment rate in the urban slums;
- the primary gross enrolment rate in the arid lands; and
- average rates of teacher absenteeism.
The three outputs to be delivered to achieve the planned outcome are
- improved access and quality in private schools in urban slums;
- improved access and quality in state schools in arid lands; and
improved accountability and financial management.
Anon. Assignment Report: Interim Support to Education Programme (INSTEP) Project Completion Review. HEART, UK (2013) 20 pp.