The goal of INSTEP was to contribute to keeping Kenya on track in the primary school net enrolment rate and completion rate
The goal (impact) of the INSTEP was to contribute to keeping Kenya on track to meet MDGs 2 and 3, as indicated by progress in the primary school net enrolment rate (PNER) and the primary school completion rate (PCR). The following purpose (outcome) is reported on: improved access, quality and accountability in both state and low-cost private education systems in Kenya, as measured by three indicators:
- the primary gross enrolment rate in the urban slums;
- the primary gross enrolment rate in the arid lands; and
- average rates of teacher absenteeism.
The three outputs to be delivered to achieve the planned outcome are reported on:
- improved access and quality in private schools in urban slums;
- improved access and quality in state schools in arid lands; and improved accountability and financial management.
Anon. Assignment Report: Interim Support to Education Programme (INSTEP) Project Completion Review. HEART, UK (2013) 20 pp.