In the context of Kenya's challenges in the area of Reproductive Health
(RH) and the persistent high maternal mortality in particular, a group
of five Development partners (DPs) in RH has commissioned this report
together with the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation, and the
Ministry of Medical Services.
Regarding the modalitiesof future harmonized DP support to RH, it is
recommended that the following mechanisms are established:
- ARH Business planto be the core document against which to allocate and
report funding and technical assistance.
- One RHtechnicalplansupported through pooled funding - at minimum one
TA plan reflecting all support (virtual pooling) being provided to RH
for the implementation of the RH plan.
- Pooled funding, where possible: DPs should support existing
sector-wide approach (SWAp) baskets, at a minimum it is suggested to
support them through joint planning ('virtual pooling').
- One RH commodity plan, including contraceptives and essential MNH
- Regular review of the Code of Conduct at central level.
- New Code of Conduct at district / county level.
Lehmann, L.; Kamanga, K.; McDonagh, M.; Nzoya, D.; Phillipson, R. Assignment Report: Harmonizing support to Reproductive Health in Kenya. HDRC, UK (2011) 110 pp.
Assignment Report: Harmonizing support to Reproductive Health in Kenya