Key findings in this briefing are:-
- HPAI disease-transmission pathways are linked to the economic
incentives that chain actors face.
- Disease transmission risk is strongly related to commercial practices
and trade in poultry and poultry products.
- Consumer influences are insufficient to change governance and
- Chain actors face economic incentives to conceal information that is
essential for effective HPAI control.
- Sustainable HPAI control will require improved private sector–driven
coordination mechanisms that target deficient biosecurity practices in
the value chain.
HPAI Research Brief No. 16, 2009. 6 pp.
Analyses of the Poultry Value Chain and Its Linkages and Interactions with HPAI Risk Factors in Nigeria