This special issue (funded jointly by the Natural Resources Systems Programme and Forestry Research Programme) focuses on contour hedgerows. It contains the following articles:
(1) The effectiveness of contour hedgerows for soil and water conservation
(2) Rapid soil redistribution within alleys: why simple extension models for contour hedgerows may not be appropriate
(3) Sense and nonsense: contour hedgerows for soil erosion control
(4) Contours, crops and cattle: participatory soil conservation in the Andean foothills, Bolivia
(5) Participatory research on vegetative soil and water conservation practices for hillside farmers
(6) Live barriers on hillside farms: are we really addressing farmers' needs?
(7) Maintenance of soil fertility on steeplands in the Blue Mountains of Jamaica: the role of contour hedgerows
(8) Soil erosion in the Middle Mountains of Nepal
(9) Selecting legume cover crops to counter soil erosion and losses in soil fertility in hillside farming systems
Sinclair, F.; McDonald, M. (Editors) Agroforestry Forum. Special issue on the control of soil erosion and fertility on sloping land. Agroforestry Forum (1997) 8 (4) 36 pp.