The AfricaAdapt Climate Change Symposium took place in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on 9-11th March 2011. This three-day bilingual (French/English) event was attended by nearly 200 participants, with representatives from across policy, research, NGOs, community-based organisations and media. The majority of participants presenting papers come from across the different regions of Africa, and were joined by a smaller number of international participants.
The presentations and extended abstracts for all papers from the event can be accessed on this website, via the Project Resources tab for each of the key symposium themes:
- Links between adaptation, mitigation and low carbon, or \"climate compatible\" development
- National and international policy: Linking policy and practice
- Roles of local and indigenous knowledge in addressing climate change
- New thinking on community-led responses: From local to global
- The roles of media and intermediaries in translating, sharing, and advocating
- Special panels on gender and youth; agriculture; Ethiopia; and the Fellowship Programme.
The papers and presentations can be found under the 'Project Resources' tab within each theme.
AfricaAdapt. AfricaAdapt Climate Change Symposium 2011 [website]. (2011)