This report provides a record of the discussions and outcomes from the first project workshop held in Adama. The specific objectives of the workshop were to:
- Gather information on approaches on local best-practice for low volume road provision;
- Capture other local and international innovative designs and standards that may be considered more appropriate than those currently specified;
- Ensure road authorities and stakeholders take ownership of the documents at the outset;
- Promote information sharing and cross-fertilisation of ideas across regional boundaries;
- Provide international comment on the current documentation and introduce other appropriate methodologies;
- Build a team of national and international experts to develop the manuals and other associated documentation.
Report No: CAEth/04. 37 pp.