Use this service to create a QR code for display in your venue. Get visitors to scan the QR code when they arrive, using the NHS COVID-19 app. This is to help trace and stop the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
You should create and display a QR code if you are:
- a business, place of worship or community organisation with a physical location that is open to the public
- an event which is taking place in a physical location
If you have more than one venue, you need to create a separate QR code for each location. You can add multiple locations in the service.
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
This service is only available to venues in England and Wales.
Before you start
You will need:
- your email address
- the address of your business, place of worship, community organisation or event
If you have more than one venue, you will also need:
- the address of each location
- an email address for the manager (or point of contact) for each location
- a phone number for the manager (or point of contact) for each location
Getting your QR code
You’ll receive your QR code poster by email soon after you have submitted your information. If you have more than one location, the manager (or point of contact) for each location will also receive a unique QR code poster by email.
What to do when you receive your QR code
When you receive your QR code poster you should:
- print the poster
- display the poster somewhere visitors can see it and scan it when they arrive, for example next to the entrance
- ask visitors to scan the QR code when they arrive, using their NHS COVID-19 app
- display as many posters as you need to, to avoid queues forming
If you do not have a printer, you can show the QR code on a display screen, such as a TV or tablet. Make sure it’s within reach so visitors can scan it with their mobile phones.
Help and support
For more information on creating a QR code for your venue, visit the NHS website.
If you have problems using this online service, call the QR code support service.
QR code support
Telephone: 0800 540 4900
Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm
Find out about call charges