There are no coronavirus (COVID-19) restrictions in the UK.
If you have COVID-19 you should try to stay at home.
Most people cannot get free COVID-19 tests. You can buy tests in shops but you cannot report the result to the NHS.
You can get vaccinated against COVID-19 by the NHS.
You need to show a negative COVID-19 test if you are travelling to England from mainland China. You do not need to take a test when you arrive in the UK from any other country. You should check travel advice for any country you are travelling to.
Guidance and support
Book a COVID-19 vaccine or booster dose on the NHS website.
NHS advice on when to stay at home and when to get medical advice.
- Find out how to enter a positive result, from any test, in the NHS COVID-19 app
- Get information on long COVID from the NHS
- Get support with your recovery from coronavirus and long COVID from the NHS
- Find out about treatments NHS can give to people with COVID-19 who are at high risk of becoming seriously ill
From 5 January 2023, you’ll need to show a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 2 days before you leave China.
More COVID-19 information
- Guidance and regulation about COVID-19
- News and communications about COVID-19
- Research and statistics about COVID-19
- Policy papers and consultations about COVID-19
- Transparency and freedom of information releases about COVID-19
- Summary of COVID-19 testing, cases and vaccinations data
- COVID-19 legislation on legislation.gov.uk
- COVID-19 press conferences on YouTube
- Slides, datasets and transcripts from press conferences