You may need to tell DVLA If you’ve had a coronary artery bypass or disease.

You can be fined up to £1,000 if you don’t tell DVLA about a medical condition that affects your driving. You may be prosecuted if you’re involved in an accident as a result.

Car or motorcycle licence

You don’t need to tell DVLA. You should stop driving for at least 1 month and only restart driving when your doctor tell you that you are safe to do so.

Read the DVLA leaflet ‘Car or motorcycle drivers with heart conditions’ for more information.

Bus, coach or lorry licence

You must tell DVLA. Fill in form VOCH1 and send it to DVLA. The address is on the form.