Start now on Application form on the HSENI wesbite
You must notify Health & Safety Executive of Northern Ireland (HSENI) if you’re a contractor planning a construction project for a commercial client that will last longer than 30 days or involve more than 500 person days of construction work.
How to notify
You must appoint a ‘Construction (design and management) regulations co-ordinator’ (CDM co-ordinator) to provide information including:
- the address of the construction site
- the name of the district council where the site is located
- a description of the project and work
- contact details of the client, CDM co-ordinator and principal contractor
- contact details for any contractor and designer already contracted
- construction start date and the planned duration
- preparation time allowed for construction work
- the estimated number of people working on site
You must also attach a declaration signed by or on behalf of the client, confirming they are aware of their duties.