Come to the UK to get married

Find out what you need to do if you’re coming to the UK to get married.

  1. Step 1 Check if you need a visa

  2. Step 2 Apply for a visa

    The visa you need depends on who you’re marrying and whether you want to live in the UK after.

    You can apply for either:

  3. or Apply for a family permit

    You can apply for a family permit if you're marrying someone who is a citizen of:

    • an EU country that is not the UK
    • Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway or Switzerland
    1. Apply for an EEA family permit
  4. Step 3 Check what you can bring with you

  5. Step 4 Check what you need to show at the UK border

  6. Step 5 Get married