Check the HS2 route
You can check maps to see the planned routes for the High Speed Two (HS2) rail network.
The routes haven’t been confirmed yet, but plans for the Phase 1 route are more advanced and less likely to change than the Phase 2 routes.
You may be able to claim compensation if your property’s affected by HS2, eg you can’t sell your house at full market value because it’s near the route.
Phase 1 - London to the West Midlands
Check the latest maps for the proposed HS2 Phase 1 route.
This route hasn’t been confirmed yet and may change.
You can view:
- maps of the whole London to West Midlands route
- detailed maps of specific sections of the route
Phase 2 - West Midlands to Leeds and Manchester
There are 2 proposed ‘legs’ to the Phase 2 route.
These routes haven’t been confirmed yet and may change.
You can view the latest maps of the:
- eastern leg - proposed route from the West Midlands to Leeds and the north east, with stations in the East Midlands and South Yorkshire
- western leg - proposed route from the West Midlands to Manchester and the north west, with a station at Manchester airport
Phases 2a and 2b
The Phase 2 route has also been split as follows:
- Phase 2a - proposed route from the West Midlands to Crewe
- Phase 2b - proposed route from Crewe to Greater Manchester and from the West Midlands to Yorkshire