You can check maps to see the planned routes for the High Speed Two (HS2) rail network.
The routes haven’t been confirmed yet, but plans for the Phase 1 route are more advanced and less likely to change than the Phase 2 routes.
You may be able to claim compensation if your property’s affected by HS2, eg you can’t sell your house at full market value because it’s near the route.
Phase 1 - London to the West Midlands
Check the latest maps for the proposed HS2 Phase 1 route.
This route hasn’t been confirmed yet and may change.
You can view:
- maps of the whole London to West Midlands route
- detailed maps of specific sections of the route
Phase 2 - West Midlands to Leeds and Manchester
There are 2 proposed ‘legs’ to the Phase 2 route.
These routes haven’t been confirmed yet and may change.
You can view the latest maps of the:
- eastern leg - proposed route from the West Midlands to Leeds and the north east, with stations in the East Midlands and South Yorkshire
- western leg - proposed route from the West Midlands to Manchester and the north west, with a station at Manchester airport
Phases 2a and 2b
The Phase 2 route has also been split as follows:
- Phase 2a - proposed route from the West Midlands to Crewe
- Phase 2b - proposed route from Crewe to Greater Manchester and from the West Midlands to Yorkshire