Use this service to:
- find an earlier driving theory test
- move your theory test to a later date
- change which test centre you take your test at
You must give at least 3 full working days’ notice to change your test or you’ll have to pay again. Monday to Saturday count as working days but Sundays and public holidays do not.
When you must not go to your test
You must not go to your test if either:
- you need to quarantine because you recently entered the UK
- you’re self-isolating, for example because you tested positive for COVID-19
Find out about:
If you cannot go to your test because you’re self-isolating or in quarantine
Email DVSA with the subject title ‘COVID-19 short notice cancellation’.
Include at least 2 of these in your email:
- your full name as it appears on your driving licence
- your driving licence number
- your date of birth
DVSA customer services
DVSA will contact you to help you rearrange your test. You will not have to pay again.
Change your appointment online
You will need your UK driving licence number.
What you need to know
Help with your booking
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help changing your theory test appointment.
There’s a different service to change your theory test in Northern Ireland.