If you’re a critical worker in England, Scotland or Wales, you can apply for an emergency theory test.
Use this service to:
- find an earlier driving theory test
- move your theory test to a later date
- change which test centre you take your test at
This service is currently free because of coronavirus (COVID-19).
When you must not go to your test
You must stay at home (self-isolate) and not go to your test if:
- you or someone you live with has coronavirus symptoms
- you’ve been told by the NHS Test and Trace service that you’ve been in contact with a person who has coronavirus
Change your theory test appointment if you need to self-isolate on the day of your test.
You can do this free of charge anytime before the test.
If you recently entered the UK
If you’ve entered the UK in the last 14 days you must not go to your test, unless you:
- arrived from a country on the ‘travel corridor’ list
- belong to one of the groups that do not have to self-isolate
If you live in Scotland there’s a different list of ‘travel corridor’ countries.
Before you start
You need your UK driving licence number.
Help with your booking
Contact the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to get help changing your theory test appointment.
There’s a different service to change your theory test in Northern Ireland.