Apply for this licence

Start now on the Scottish Government website


You need approval to issue certificates of design or construction.

You must be either:

  • appointed directly by the Scottish Ministers as an approved certifier of design or of construction
  • a member of a scheme that has been approved by the Scottish Ministers

You can also register to be a scheme provider of certificates or design of construction.