You must report how many salmon and sea trout you’ve caught if you have a migratory salmon and sea trout rod licence.
If your licence spans 2 years (from 2017 to 2018) and you’ve reported your return for 2017, you will not be able to report your 2018 return until 1 December 2018.
Start now on the Catch Return service
Before you start
You’ll need to know:
- your fishing licence number
- your postcode
- the rivers where you fished
- the towns closest to the rivers where you fished
- the number of days you fished before and after 16 June
- the species of fish you caught
- how you caught the fish
- how many fish you released
- the weight of the fish
You can get a copy of your return sent to you by email.