You must report how many salmon and sea trout you’ve caught if you have a migratory salmon and sea trout rod licence.

If your licence spans 2 years (from 2017 to 2018) and you’ve reported your return for 2017, you will not be able to report your 2018 return until 1 December 2018.

Start now on the Catch Return service

Before you start

You’ll need to know:

  • your fishing licence number
  • your postcode
  • the rivers where you fished
  • the towns closest to the rivers where you fished
  • the number of days you fished before and after 16 June
  • the species of fish you caught
  • how you caught the fish
  • how many fish you released
  • the weight of the fish

You can get a copy of your return sent to you by email.