Report a catch return (England and Wales)
You must report your yearly fishing activity in England and Wales if you have a salmon and sea trout licence, even if you did not fish.
When to report
Submit your return after you’ve finished fishing for salmon and sea trout for the year. You cannot add to your return once you’ve submitted it.
Report a return online
To report your catch return online, you’ll need to know:
- your fishing licence number
- your postcode
- the rivers where you fished
- the number of days you fished before and after 16 June
- the species of fish you caught
- how you caught the fish
- how many fish you released
- the weight of the fish
You can print a copy of your completed return.