You can use this calculator to work out an amount of child maintenance for your children. It will not send your details to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
- gives you an amount to discuss with the other parent if you’re arranging child maintenance yourselves - you do not have to use it
- shows you what the government is likely to work out for you
You will not have anything to pay through the Child Maintenance Service if you are:
- sharing care equally with the other parent
- a full-time student
- in prison
You can find out more about making an arrangement with the other parent.
Before you start
You’ll need details of the following for the parent who’ll be paying:
- their income, including State Pension
- any benefits they get
- the number of nights your child stays with them