You can use this calculator to work out an amount of child maintenance for your children. It will not send your details to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
This service is also available in Welsh (Cymraeg).
- gives you an amount to discuss if you’re arranging child maintenance with the other parent - you do not have to use it
- shows you what the government is likely to work out for you
This calculator only estimates your child maintenance payments - it cannot tell you exactly what you’ll get. If you use the Child Maintenance Service the actual payments could be higher or lower.
You will not have anything to pay through the Child Maintenance Service if you are:
- sharing care equally with the other parent
- a full-time student with no income
- in prison
You can find out more about making an arrangement with the other parent.
Before you start
You’ll need details of the following for the parent who’ll be paying:
- their income, including State Pension
- any benefits they get
- the number of nights your child stays with them