Before you appeal, contact the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) to:
- discuss your case - you may be able to resolve it informally
- find out deadlines for appealing
In Scotland, contact your local assessor instead.
Appealing to the VOA
You can appeal:
After you submit your appeal
The VOA will usually tell you within 3 working days that they’ve received your form.
There are several possible appeal results, including:
- the VOA will check the appeal is valid and tell you if it isn’t
- the VOA will contact you right away if you have financial hardship
- the VOA will contact you in 2 months if you’ve given information about a physical change to the property, a change in how the property is used or an exemption
- the VOA will group your appeal with the same type of cases and give you dates for when you can discuss your case with them
Penalty notice and completion notice appeals
Transitional certificate valuation appeals
You can make an appeal against the value that’s been certified by the VOA - contact your regional office.