Art therapist registration

Apply for this licence

Start now


You must register with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) to practise as an art therapist in the UK.

You must be registered with HCPC to use any of these job titles:

  • art therapist
  • art psychotherapist
  • drama therapist
  • music therapist

Fines and penalties

You could be fined up to £5,000 if you call yourself an art therapist, art psychotherapist, drama therapist, or music therapist and you’re not registered with the HCPC.