When you can appeal

Your local planning authority may send you an enforcement notice if you’ve built or changed something without planning permission.

You can appeal against an enforcement notice if you own, rent or lawfully occupy the property or land it applies to.

Anyone can comment on an appeal.

There’s no fee for appealing, unless you also apply for planning permission.

Deadline for appealing

Your appeal must be received before the date the enforcement notice takes effect.