1. Overview

Students in financial hardship who need extra help to start a course or stay in higher education, could get help from the Access to Learning Fund.

Your university or college decides:

  • who gets the money
  • how much you can get

Any money you get is paid on top of your other student finance.

You can only apply to the Access to Learning Fund if you’re studying in England.

Help us improve GOV.UK

Please don't include any personal or financial information, for example your National Insurance or credit card numbers.