British Embassy Pyongyang
Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Telephone 00 (850) 2 381 7982
Telephone (out-of-hours emergency) 00 (850) 191 250 7980 (from outside DPRK)
Fax (+850) 2 381 7985
Monday to Thursday - 9.00am to 6.00pm (local time);
Friday - 9.00am to 1.00pm (local time)
The British Embassy in Democratic People’s Republic of Korea is keen to ensure that its buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public.
Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes, however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. Please contact us if you require disabled access and we will make alternative arrangements.
British Embassy in Pyongyang is closed on some UK and DPRK Public Holidays. Please see the 2018 Holiday List below.
- Monday 1 January – New Year
- Friday 16 February – Kim Jong Il’s Birthday
- Monday 19 February – Lunar Holiday
- Friday 30 March – Good Friday
- Monday 2 April – Easter Monday
- Monday 7 May – May Day Holiday
- Friday 25 May – The Queen’s Birthday
- Monday 28 May – Spring Bank Holiday
- Friday 27 July – Fatherland War Victory Day
- Wednesday 15 August – Liberation Day
- Monday 27 August – Summer Bank Holiday
- Wednesday 10 October – Anniversary of the founding of the WPK
- Tuesday 25 December – Christmas Day
- Wednesday 26 December – Boxing Day