British Embassy Pyongyang
Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Telephone 00 (850) 2 381 7982
Telephone (out-of-hours emergency) 00 (850) 191 250 7980 (from outside DPRK)
Fax (+850) 2 381 7985
Monday to Thursday - 9.00am to 6.00pm (local time);
Friday - 9.00am to 1.00pm (local time)
The British Embassy in Democratic People’s Republic of Korea is keen to ensure that its buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public.
Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes, however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. Please contact us if you require disabled access and we will make alternative arrangements.
British Embassy in Pyongyang is closed on some UK and DPRK Public Holidays. Please see the 2015 Holiday List below.
- Thursday 1 January - New Year
- TBC January/February – Lunar Holiday
- TBC January/February – Lunar Full Moon Holiday
- Monday 16 February - Kim Jong Il’s Birthday
- Friday 3 April – Good Friday
- Monday 6 April - Easter Monday
- Wednesday 15 April – Kim Il Sung’s Birthday
- Friday 1 May - May Day Holiday
- Friday 22 May – Queen’s Birthday
- Monday 25 May – Spring Bank Holiday
- Monday 31August – Summer Bank Holiday
- Wednesday 9 September – DPRK Foundation Day
- Friday 25 December – Christmas Day
- Monday 28 December – Boxing Day