British Embassy Dublin
29 Merrion Road
Telephone +353 (1) 205 3700
Fax (Corporate Services) +353 (1) 205 3885
The embassy is open Monday to Friday, from 9am to 5pm, except for embassy holidays. However some sections have different hours, please see below.
Outside office hours (5pm to 9am), weekends & embassy holidays: In severe emergencies only (eg the arrest, death or serious injury of a British national) please ring the embassy switchboard on +353 (1) 205 3700 where you will get more guidance.
Please note: no passport or visa enquiries will be dealt with in any circumstance.
For Emergency Travel Documents, click here to find out what you need to do.
For all other consular services, please email us or phone: +353 (1) 205 3700
HM Passport Office Advice Line:
Phone: +44 300 222 0000
Political & Press Office:
Phone: +353 (1) 205 3791
No longer at the embassy. UK Visas are now handled by Teleperformance in Santry, Dublin 9. Phone: +353 (1) 691 7482
- Monday 2 January - New Year’s Day
- Friday 17 March - St Patrick’s Day
- Friday 14 April - Good Friday
- Monday 17 April - Easter Monday
- Monday 1 May - Early May Bank Holiday
- Monday 29 May - Spring Bank Holiday
- Monday 5 June - June Bank Holiday
- Monday 7 August - August Bank Holiday
- Monday 28 August - Summer Bank Holiday
- Monday 30 October - October Bank Holiday
- Monday 25 December - Christmas Day
- Tuesday 26 December - Boxing Day/ St Stephen’s Day
How to get to the embassy
We are located beside The Clayton Hotel in Ballsbridge. See a map of the area
Bus: 4, 7, 8 (Merrion Road) & 18 (Sandymount Ave). Please go to Dublin Bus for more information
Dart: Sandymount Dart Station (5 minutes walk to the Embassy). Please go to Irish Rail for more information
Car: parking is not available in the embassy grounds without prior permission, pay and display parking is available nearby
Wheelchair access and assistance is available upon request. Please call our receptionist on +353 1 2053700 prior to arrival.