Office access and opening times
On this page you will find information about disabled access to the British Embassy Beijing and our public holidays.
The Foreign & Commonwealth Office and this Embassy are keen to ensure that their buildings and services are fully accessible to disabled members of the public. Wherever possible, we have made our buildings and services accessible. Sometimes however, this is not possible due to security or other restrictions. In these situations we will endeavour to provide a service or access to a building in an alternative way to ensure equality of access for disabled people. To assist disabled visitors, we have set out below details of disabled access at this Embassy. We hope this information is helpful.
General physical access
If you foresee requiring any assistance, please contact the person you’re visiting in advance of your visit so we can ensure that we are able to provide access for you.
- Entrances: Disabled access exists to the Main building.
- steps and staircases are clear and unobstructed
- toilets: a disabled toilet is located in the Conference Room
- floor coverings: floor coverings are safe and even
- doors: if necessary, the security guards can assist in opening doors
- lighting: adequate throughout
- emergency/evacuation: procedures are in place to assist disabled persons in the event of emergency/evacuation
- phones: accessible to wheelchair users
British Embassy Beijing: Public Holidays 2019
|Tuesday 1 January||New Year|
|Monday 4 February||Chinese New Year (Eve)|
|Tuesday 5 February||Chinese New Year (Day)|
|Wednesday 6 February||Chinese New Year|
|Friday 5 April||Tomb Sweeping Day|
|Friday 19 April||Good Friday|
|Monday 22 April||Easter Monday|
|Wednesday 1 May||Labour Day|
|Friday 13 September||Mid-Autumn Festival|
|Tuesday 1 October||Golden Week|
|Wednesday 2 October||Golden Week|
|Thursday 3 October||Golden Week|
|Wednesday 25 December||Christmas Day|
|Thursday 26 December||Boxing Day|